When you first create a business page on Facebook, the web address or URL isn’t very pretty. Wondering how to change your Facebook Page URL? It’s pretty simple!
What’s your Facebook Page URL?
Your Facebook Page URL is the part of your web address after the https://www.facebook.com/. So in the case of my other Business Page, I’m talking about the Tom Robak Photography. Facebook calls this your username. It’s also often referred to as your vanity URL.
Change Facebook Page URL
Like I wrote, It’s pretty simple!
- Go to you Facebook Business Page.
- Start the process from the About tab under your Page Profile Picture.
- Find Username field under About -> Page Info
- Clicking the Edit button will open a small window with a link to Change Username – if you’re eligible.
Here are a few things to keep in mind when you create a custom username:
- You can’t claim a username someone else is already using.
- Usernames can only contain alphanumeric characters (A-Z, 0-9) or a period (“.”).
- Periods (“.”) and capitalization don’t count as a part of a username. For example, johnsmith55, John.Smith55 and john.smith.55 are all considered the same username.
- Usernames must be at least 5 characters long and can’t contain generic terms or extensions (ex: .com, .net).
- You must be an admin to create or change the username for a Page.
- Your username must adhere to the Facebook Statement of Rights and Responsibilities.
What do you think? Is it worth the hassle? If you haven’t set your Facebook URL yet, try it! Hope these instructions help. Leave a comment if you need any help.